Recently one of our Mastermind clients shared a story about a potential client she was interviewing for on her programs. This client was a perfect fit, she knew this program would deliver exactly what she needed, and yet the response she got was this:
“My guides have told me I need to figure it out on my own.”
It’s one of the most common but also the most frustrating responses we hear, primarily because weknow that it’s inherently false.
So what’s really going on?
Usually, what’s beneath this is shame. Many women have a belief that they should be able to figure it out on their own, and feelings of shame that they’re not further along yet. There’s a sense of needing to prove something to oneself or to others.
And this completely takes women out of their Creative Power.
In addition, this thinking is essentially false, for 3 reasons:
1. The subconscious likes to masquerade as intuition. The job of the subconscious is to perpetuate patterns and identities and to maintain what’s familiar. In this case, the subconscious is often trying to support a belief that you are all alone in the world, that you can’t or shouldn’t depend anyone else, and that it’s actually nobler or safer to be independent. It’s no wonder you think you “should” be able to do it alone. But this is the very logic that keeps you stuck, because…
2. Nothing in the Universe is created in a vacuum. NOTHING is created alone. We are all part of the fabric of life. We are creative beings tapped into this infinite vast expanse of creative energy. Everything we create is happening in co-creation with this creative energy field we call Spirit. Without that there is simply no creation.
We are always in partnership with someone or something else, whether it’s Spirit or nature or another human being. Just like it takes a male and a female to create new life, it takes more that one person to build a business. By the very nature of being in business you can’t be alone. It requires clients, team, referral sources, and many other people along the way.
3. Spirit brings things to us through other people. The way Spirit co-creates with is by providing channels through which to operate. You cannot receive a new consciousness, a new awareness, a new experience unless it’s coming through these channels. No people, no channels.
So while the idea of “going it alone” may feel valiant, it’s simply not in alignment with the way the Universe works.
So what is it that you really need to create success in your business?
1. You need a mentor, someone who has walked the path before you, is absolutely essential to your success. And I’ll share a secret – anyone who IS a mentor has HAD a mentor. They didn’t figure it out on their own either. And they can light the and way help you avoid mistakes and missteps along the way.
2. You need to surround yourself with invested, supportive community. Entrepreneurship can be a lonely, confusing path at times. Being in the energy of other people who are on the same path and who can hold you in your power, reflect to you your brilliance, and provide resources and support increases your success exponentially.
3. You need clients. Any vision you have for your business is not complete without clients. And you need to learn and do whatever it takes to get those clients. If you don’t already know, the only way you are going to learn that is through other people.
Bottom line is this: Anything that is worth doing – any vision that you have for yourself – is going to be bigger than you. That’s what makes it so beautiful!
And by it’s very nature, because it’s bigger than you, there’s just no way you can manifest it entirely by yourself, none of us do. And there’s no shame in that.